You might have heard the information that ContentCal is shutting down.
Whereas it is all the time unhappy to see a valued software go, the excellent news is that there is one other nice choice on the market for managing your social media: Buffer.
On this weblog submit, we’ll provide the lowdown on why it is best to give Buffer a try to the way it will help take your social media sport to the subsequent degree.
So seize a cup of espresso and let’s chat about all of the options that Buffer has to supply.
What’s taking place
ContentCal is shutting down utterly, which suggests as of the thirty first March 2023 the software will not function sooner or later. The corporate has introduced that they are going to be discontinuing their service and customers will not have entry to the platform after that.
Nonetheless, they’re suggesting their customers to check out Adobe Specific in its place. Adobe Specific is a content material creation and advertising and marketing platform with some related options to ContentCal.
You’ll get the flexibility to schedule and publish posts on a number of core social networks, which is nice, nonetheless there are a selection of key options like TikTok, analytics and reporting lacking.
ContentCal and Adobe Specific are two very completely different instruments which might be used for various functions. ContentCal was a social media administration software that enables customers to schedule posts, observe analytics, and have interaction with their followers throughout a number of social media platforms. Adobe Specific, however, is an app primarily permits customers to edit and share photographs.
That mentioned, Adobe Specific does have some sharing performance. Right here’s what you get:
- Content material Planning: Make the most of instruments that help in creating and finalizing your social media themes, subjects, and campaigns, and handle your social schedule by way of a user-friendly calendar interface.
- Scheduling: Optimize the attain of your content material by scheduling it to go reside at pre-determined instances.
- Preview mode: Get a sneak peek of how your scheduled posts will seem to your followers earlier than they go reside.
- Publish: Streamline the publishing course of by scheduling and publishing content material throughout 5 social media platforms, Instagram, Twitter, Fb, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
That mentioned, there are some key options that we anticipate many ContentCal prospects to overlook. Right here’s what you’ll miss:
- Analytics: No means to trace the efficiency of your social media campaigns and acquire precious insights with detailed analytics and reporting
- Channels: No TikTok, Google Enterprise Profiles, or Mastodon channels obtainable.
- Collaboration options: No social-specific options to work along with your group in real-time with options comparable to group member permissions and approving on scheduled posts.
- Integrations: No integrations with well-liked apps like Canva, IFFFF, Dropbox, Google Photographs, and One Drive.
- Engagement instruments: No means to watch and reply to feedback, messages and mentions instantly from one app.
- Reporting options: No hen’s eye view of your social media efficiency and talent get detailed reviews that embody metrics comparable to engagement, clicks, and attain.
- Browser extension: No browser extension to simply share articles, pictures, and movies from any webpage,
- Inexpensive pricing: No free plan to check out the social media planning, scheduling and publishing options.
These options will not be dealbreakers for you, and in that case we’d encourage you to check out the Adobe Specific to see if it’ll meet your wants.
But when a few of these options are essential to you then it is perhaps price trying out one other software like Buffer.
What Buffer provides
Buffer is primarily utilized by companies, companies and creators who need to handle their social media presence effectively. It offers a single platform for scheduling posts throughout a number of social media accounts, together with Fb, TikTok, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Google Enterprise, and shortly Mastodon and YouTube.
It additionally provides analytics to trace the efficiency of those posts and engagement with followers. Moreover, Buffer contains options for group collaboration and content material approval workflows, making it an amazing software for bigger organizations or groups that must handle a number of social media accounts.
Adobe Specific, however, is a cellular app that’s geared in direction of images lovers and professionals who need to edit and share their photographs on the go. It provides a variety of modifying instruments and filters, together with cropping, resizing, colour changes, and extra.
Customers can share their edited photographs on to social media or different platforms, or save them to their system’s digital camera roll. Adobe Specific can be built-in with Adobe Inventive Cloud, which permits customers to edit their photographs with different Adobe apps, comparable to Lightroom or Photoshop, on their desktop.
Listed here are all of the options Buffer provides that aren’t obtainable in Adobe Specific 👇
- Superior Analytics that means that you can observe the efficiency of your social media campaigns and acquire precious insights with detailed analytics and reporting.
- A variety of social media channels, together with TikTok, Google Enterprise Profiles, and Mastodon channels, offering flexibility and choices to your social media wants.
- Collaboration options that can help you work along with your group in real-time with options comparable to group member permissions and approving scheduled posts.
- Integrations with well-liked apps like Canva, IFFFF, Dropbox, Google Photographs, and One Drive, increasing the capabilities of your social media workflow.
- Engagement instruments that allow you to watch and reply to feedback, messages and mentions throughout all of your social media channels instantly from Buffer.
- Reporting options that provide you with a hen’s eye view of your social media efficiency and detailed reviews that embody metrics comparable to engagement, clicks, and attain.
- A browser extension that lets you simply share articles, pictures, and movies from any webpage, on to your social media channels, schedule them for optimum timing, and consider and handle your scheduled posts all from one handy location.
- Inexpensive pricing choices to suit any finances (together with pleasant company plans), with a free plan obtainable for testing out the social media planning, scheduling and publishing options.
General, Buffer and Adobe Specific are two completely different instruments that serve completely different wants. Buffer is a social media administration software that helps companies and people handle their social media presence, whereas Adobe Specific is a cellular app for photograph modifying and sharing.
Fancy giving Buffer a spin? Strive it out without spending a dime.