TikTok’s bought the “For You” tab, Instagram has the “Discover” tab, and YouTube has Shorts. Now, Snapchat has the “Highlight” tab.
Uncover what Snapchat’s newest Highlight tab is, how the algorithm works, and the way it might help manufacturers double their attain.
What’s Highlight on Snapchat?
Highlight, one in all Snapchat’s most up-to-date options, is a tab inside the app that promotes short-form viral movies from companies, creators, and on a regular basis customers.
The place it differs from different social platforms is that it doesn’t give customers free rein to publish feedback on the movies shared on Highlight. When first launched in November 2020, customers might solely like and share.
Then, Snapchat launched Highlight Replies, which permits companies and creators to solely show feedback of their selecting from a pre-filtered pool.
As well as, show names solely seem for public customers who’re 18 years of age or older however personal customers also can share choose movies to Highlight.
To encourage adoption, Snapchat created the Highlight reward fund to pay its prime creators – although, in response to a current Techcrunch report, that fund has gone down significantly within the final two years.
Highlight Snapchat Options
- In-app music library – You should use your video’s authentic sound or use a sound from Snapchat’s inner library.
- Matter setting – When sharing your video to Highlight, you might have the choice so as to add a subject within the type of a hashtag, which might help you attain your required viewers.
- Replies – Companies and creators can filter via feedback left on their Highlight movies and select those they wish to show.
- Trending – When on the Highlight tab, you’ll be able to view movies below trending subjects (hashtags), Lenses (i.e. filters), and sounds.
- Challenges – Snapchat customers have the possibility to win prizes once they submit Highlight movies that meet sure standards, like a trending Lense, sound, or location.
How you can Use Snapchat Highlight
Companies, creators and on a regular basis customers can use Highlight to succeed in new audiences and increase their engagement.
There are two methods to publish on Highlight: in your cellular gadget and in your desktop.
Earlier than you’ll be able to ship off your video, you’ll have to satisfy Snapchat’s pointers. Your video should:
- Be between 5 and 60 seconds.
- Be vertical, side ratio of at the least 3:4.
- Have clear sound and video.
- Solely function authentic content material and music from the licensed library.
- Not function sponsored services or products, together with hyperlinks and attachments.
- Characteristic content material acceptable for a 13+ viewers.
- Be freed from watermarks from different social platforms.
How Snapchat Decides Which Content material to Characteristic on Highlight
You understand how Snapchat Highlight works however the query is, how do you get featured on it?
Nicely, Snapchat mentioned they created Highlight to reward creativity, no matter follower depend and profile entry. This is the reason any person can create content material for the Highlight and follower depend isn’t thought of as a rating issue.
What is taken into account is the next:
- Watch Time
- Person pursuits
When you’re already leveraging Snapchat, this new function opens up one other avenue so that you can meet your advertising and marketing objectives.